Jomsom Muktinath trekking is one of most preferred trekking trail in Annapurna conversion area. The Jomsom Muktinath trek offers you spectacular Himalayan views of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m), Mt. Annapurna I (8091m), Mt.Nilgiri (7040m), Mt. Annapurna south (7219m), Mt. Annapurna II (7937m), Annapurna III (7555m), Mt. Annapurna IV (7525m), Mt. Hiunchuli (6441m), Mt. Fishtail / Machhapuchhare (6998m), Tukuche peak (6920m), Lamjung Himal (6586m) and more mountains.
You will also get to observe with mixed culture of local ethnic group of Bramin, Chhetri, Thakali, Magar, Gurung etc. The trail is also known as pilgrimage trekking tour of Hindu and Buddhist in Annapurna Himalayan range so this trek is very popular for both Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage trekkers, adventure seekers & nature lovers.
Jomsom Muktinath Trek Itinerary
- Day 1 / Arrive in Kathmandu (1310m) and meet our airport representative then transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 2 / Transfer to bus station and drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus (910m) – 5:30 hrs. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 3 / Get up early morning then transfer to airport then fly from Pokhara to Jomsom which is around 25 mintes flight. Arive in Jomsom and starts trek from Jomsom to (2750m) – 3:30 hrs. Overnight at Teahouse/Lodge.
- Day 4 / Trek from Kagbeni to Muktinath (3802m) – 5 hrs.Overnight at Teahouse/Lodge.
- Day 5 / Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom to Marpha (2665m) – 6 hrs. Overnight at Teahouse/Lodge.
- Day 6 / Trek from Marpha to Ghasa (2080m) – 6 hours. Overnight at Teahouse/Lodge.
- Day 7 / Trek from Ghasa to Tatopani (Natural hot spring) (1170m) – 6 hrs. Overnight at Teahouse/Lodge.
- Day 8 / Trek from Tatopani to Shikha(1935m) – 5 hrs. Overnight at Teahouse/Lodge.
- Day 9 / Trek from Shikha to Ghorepani (2834m) – 4:30 hrs. Overnight at Teahouse/Lodge.
- Day 10 / Hike to Poon Hill(3210m) and back to Ghorepani then trek from Ghorepani to Tadapani (2520m) – 6:30 hrs. Overnight at Teahouse/Lodge.
- Day 11 / Trek from Tadapani to Nayapul then drive from Nayapul to Pokhara by private vehicle – an hour. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 12 / Drive back from Pokhara to Katmandu by tourist bus watching beautiful country side – 5:30 hours. Overnight at Teahouse/Lodge.
- Day 13 / Today you will enjoy full day city guided tour in Kathmandu, you will visit Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Patan city, Syambhunath and Kathmandu City. After sightseeing drive back to hotel and Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 14 / Transfer to airport as per your flight time.
- Airport pick up & transfer to hotel (day 01) + Airport drop (day 14) by private vehicle.
- Mid range hotel in Kathmandu (day 1, day 12 & day 13) on twin sharing basis with breakfast
- Tourist bus ticket from Kathmandu to Pokhara (day 02) & Pokhara to Kathmandu (Day 12)
- Mid range hotel in Pokhara (day 2 & day 11) on twin sharing basis with breakfast.
- Transfer from Nayapul to Pokhara (day 11) by private vehicle.
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch & dinner) during the trekking in mountain area.
- Accommodation in Tea House / Lodge – room on twin sharing basis during the trekking in mountain area.
- A professional guide & porter (1 porter for 2 persons) their salary, meal, accommodation & insurance.
- Annapurna Conservation Area entrance permit fee.
- TIMS fee.
- Government taxes.
Price not Included
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Any alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, boiled & mineral water, beverages etc during the trek.
- Tips for trekking & other employed staffs which is not mandatory but expected.
- Hot shower, battery charges (available in trek with extra cost or free in some lodges)
- Unforeseen cost such as flight cancellation or delayed, sick in trek, and helicopter rescue in trek.
- Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control
- Any other cost, which is not mentioned in cost includes items as above
Smile Adventure and Tours offers mid range hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara – room on twin sharing basis where you will find neat and clean environment.
During the trekking – Smile Adventure and Tours will arrange your accommodation at standard tea house or lodge – room on twin sharing basis with attached bathroom however some places will not have attached bathroom so; bathroom are on sharing basis.
Smile Adventure and Tours offers breakfast in the hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara but you have to pay your own lunch and dinner.
Smile Adventure and Tours will provide all meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trekking in Mountain area.
Private Vehicle : – Airport transfer (day 1) & drop (day14), transfer from Nayapul to Pokhara (day 11).
Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara (day 2) & Pokhara to Kathmandu (day 12).
OPTIONAL : if you want to take a flight between Kathmandu and Pokhara then we offer you US$ 95 per person for one ways & US$ 190 for round trip which is extra (not included in the price).
Guide & Porter during the trekking
Smile Adventure and Tours will provide a professional trekking guide (license holder). We arrange porter(s) to carry your gears (a porter can carry maximum 15 kg) and the porter will accompany with you. The number of porter depends on group size. We will provide the salary, accommodation, insurance, meals for the guide and porter.
A trekking day in Jomsom Muktinath Trek
The trek starts after a delicious breakfast with a cup of tea. Our guide briefs about trail then after we start to walk of 3 to 4 hours. We offer lunch in a local teahouse or shop. After luch you will relax for a while and continue to walk for for 3 to 4 hours until we reach next destination. When we reach next destination we can enjoy short hiking around the village or enjoy games. Evening have a dinner and overnight at the teahouse/lodge. We also offer to rest frequently and give enough time to load & capacitor the amazing scenery of mountain, local settlement, and countryside in your camera during the trail.
Personal gears & equipments need during trekking
Sun cream lotion
Comfortable hiking boots
Walking poles (if necessary)
Flash light with extra batteries
Personal medical kit box.
Extra batteries for camera
Backpack- with outsider pockets to handle smaller items.
Health & Experience Required for Jomsom Muktinath Trek
The Jomsom Muktinath Trek trek is a easy grade trek which offers at least 5-6 hours easy work in a day. We can do Jomsom Muktinath Trek if you have average physical fitness with good health condition. Please note that walking in higher altitude demands more physical fitness than walking in lower altitudes. Some weeks of exercise and jogging before the starting the Jomsom Muktinath Trek is highly suggestible. Headaches, fever, vomiting, dizziness, loss of appetite or stomach disorders are symptoms of high altitude Sickness, the main cause of high altitude sickness is lack of enough oxygen in air. We find less oxygen in the higher altitude then less altitude so the Jomsom Muktinath Trek itinerary have been customized by Smile Adventure and Tours considering the sufficient time to acclimatize in each places.
Trekking grade of Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Moderate: Jomsom Muktinath Trek is a little bit more challenging to first time trekker. It engages 6 to 7 hours walking in a day. This trek gradually goes up to 3802M altitude and will offer close view of big mountains also.
All trekkers / travelers are requested to insure their travel insurance before traveling for Jomsom Muktinath Trek. Please note that the insurance should be covered medical, air ambulance, helicopter rescue, and all treatment costs.