Nepal Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour offers to visit important Nepal’s Buddhist Pilgrimage sites. Nepal Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour is one of the best tour package in Nepal. Nepal is one of the most important destination for Buddhist pilgrimage. Our Buddhist pilgrimage tour in Nepal package itinerary covers many places of pilgrimage in Buddhism in Nepal. We take you the Buddhist stupas, monasteries and places in Kathmandu valley, Pokhara, Lumbini & other places directly related with Lord Gautam Buddha.
During our tour we take you 2000 years old impressive stupa of Swoyambhunath and one of biggest stupa at Bouddhanath in Kathmandu. The Bouddhanath stupa is 1500 years old and is more popular among the many Tibetan refugees living in Kathmandu. There is next city of Patan in Kathmandu valley which is dominantly Buddhists and has places such as Mahabouddha Temple and Hiranya Varna Mahavihar. We will also take you next important stupa of Namobuddha which is a small but old, active and highly revered situated near from Kathmandu city.
Itinerary for Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour Nepal
- Day 1 / Arrival in Kathmandu:
- Arrival in Kathmandu, meet our office representative and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 2 / Full Day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu:
- Morning have a breakfast, our guide will pick up you from the hotel and start sightseeing tour in Swayambhunath Stupa then Patan Durbar square. In Patan you will visit Hiranya Varna Mahavihar, Mahabouddha temple and other Buddhist sites. After sightseeing back to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 3 / Drive from Kathmandu to Lumbini:
- Get up early in the morning and have a breakfast. After breakfast you will drive to Lumbini (Buddha’s birthplace) watching countryside, passing river and green hills. Late afternoon you will arrive Lumbini and check in hotel. After a short refreshment you will visit Maya Devi temple, Ashokan Pillar and Lumbini garden followed by various Buddhist Temple. Return back to hotel and overnight at hotel.
- Day 4 / Drive from Lumbini to Pokhara:
- After breakfast, you will start to drive Pokhara watching the great view of local villages, jungle and rivers. Pokhara is a very beautiful city in Nepal, the Annapurna mountain range & Fishtail Mountain are the main ornament of Pokhara and setting as the tower over the Pokhara city. You will arrive Pokhara by late afternoon and check in hotel. After refreshment you will get at Buddhist Monastery. Evening you may explore around the Phewa Lake & lake side bazaar. Return back to hotel and overnight at hotel.
- Day 5 / Sunrise tour and full day sightseeing tour in Pokhara:
Today you will get up early morning and drive to Sarangkot (1200m) with our guide for the sunrise view with you will have the amazing sunrise view over the Annapurna mountain range with Fishtail mountain. You will drive back to hotel and have a breakfast.
After breakfast our guide will take you to World Peace Pagoda which is suited on the top hill. We find four images of Buddha facing in the Pagoda. You will have superb view of Annapurna Mountain range and Pokhara city from the pagoda. After that you will visit Tibetan Refugees’ Camp, Devid’s fall, Gupteswar cave, Bindebashini Temple, Seti Gorge, Old Bazar and Regional Museum. Drive back to hotel and overnight at hotel.
- Day 6 / Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu:
- You will have delicious breakfast in the morning then drive to Kathmandu which takes around 6 hours. Afternoon you will arrive Kathmandu and check in hotel. Rest time free at the hotel or visit around the bazaar. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 7 / Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu:
Today, after breakfast you will visit Kopan Monastry & Bouddhanath stupa. Those places are very important places in Buddhist Pilgrimage. Then after you will drive to Nagarkot and enjoy sunset view. Overnight at hotel.
Nagarkot is a tourist hill station which is popular for breathing view of sunset, sunrise and eastern Himalaya range including “Mount. Everest”.
- Day 8 / Full day sightseeing in and around Kathmandu:
You will get you early in the morning and enjoy the amazing sunrise view and Mountain. After breakfast, you will drive to Kathmandu & check in hotel. Afternoon, you will visit Pharping. Pharping is identified with the sacred site of Yanglesho where Guru Padmasambhava attained the level of a Mahamudra vidyadhara. Yanglesho is thus, according to Katok Rigdzin Tsewang Norbu, considered to be for Vajrayana practitioners as important as Bodhgaya because it is where the second Buddha Guru Padmasambhava attained the state of enlightenment. Pharping has also has a number of temples and retreat centres, including the important Vajrayogini Temple, Chatral Rinpoche’s Monastery, and the Palyul Retreat Centre.
Evening farewell-Celebration dinner at Nepali restaurant. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 9 / Airport transfer and departure:
- Morning have a breakfast. We will drop at the airport as per your flight time.