Annapurna Sanctuary Trek Overview
|Annapurna Sanctuary Trek|
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is especially relevant Annapurna Base Camp Trek but Annapurna Base Camp Trekking itinerary also offers to visit Poon Hill for the spectacular sunrise view over the mountain. We have special trek price for group and individual trekker.
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is a magnificent mountain scenery trek in Annapurna Region Trekking which is very popular in the world. The trek trail goes via various ecological and culture place with superb flora, fauna, waterfall, villages, rhododendron and bamboo forest and many more wonderful mountain view. The event of sunrise over the mountain provide inner peace. As per the itinerary you will drive about 6 hours drive or 30 minutes flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and stay one night in Pokhara.
Next day you will drive about 30 minutes to Nayapool then you start slowly walking to Tikhedhunga (1540m) then Ghandruk watching Mt. Annapurna, Machhepuchre and Dhaulagiri. You will hike through the village of local ethnic group of Thakali and Gurung as well. Your trail will ascend continuously to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (MBC) then Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) which is the final destination. From ABC your trail back descending the same route to Nayapool enjoy the mountain view and hot spring places. From Nayapool you will drive to Pokhara and next day again drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 01 : Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel – 20 minutes. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 : Full day city sightseeing in Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by private tourist vehicle – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 : Drive to Nayapul (1070m) – 1.30 hour & trek from Nayapul to Ulleri (1960m) – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 05 : Trek Ulleri to Ghorepani (2860m) – 4 – 5 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 06 : Morning hike to Poon Hill (3210m) &Trek Ghorepani to Tadapani (2630m) – 5/6 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 07 : Trek Tadapani to Chhomrong (2170m) – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 08 : Trek Chhomrong to Dovan (2600m) – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 09 : Trek Dovan to Deurali (3230m) – 5 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 10 : Trek Deurali to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (MBC) (3700m) To Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) (4130m) – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 11 : Trek Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo (2310m) – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 12 : Trek Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1780m) – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 13 : Trek Jhinu Danada to Pothana (1890m) – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 14 : Trek to Dhampus (1650m) to Phedi (1130). 4hour / Drive back to Pokhara. 45 minutes. Overnight at hotel.
Day 15 : Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel/teahouse.
Day 16 : Transfer to airport (20 minutes) for your final departure from Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up & transfer to hotel (day 01) + Airport drop (day 16) by private vehicle.
- Mid range hotel in Kathmandu (day 1, day 2, & day 15) on twin sharing basis with breakfast
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu with a professional tour guide (day 2).
- Tourist bus ticket from Kathmandu to Pokhara (day 03) & Pokhara to Kathmandu (Day 15)
- Mid range hotel in Pokhara (day 3 & day 14) on twin sharing basis with breakfast.
- Private vehicle for Pokhara to Nayapul (day 4) & Nayapul to Pokhara (day 14).
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch & dinner) during the trekking in mountain area.
- Accommodation in Tea House / Lodge – room on twin sharing basis during the trekking in mountain area.
- A professional guide & porter (1 porter for 2 persons) their salary, meal, accommodation & insurance.
- Annapurna Conservation Area entrance permit fee.
- TIMS fee.
- Government taxes.
- International airfare to and from your country
- Nepal visa fee: Nepal entry visa ( US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for 30 days . you will also require 2 passport size photos.)
- Entrance fee during the sightseeing in Kathmandu (day 2).
- Travel & Health Insurance – Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance (Most recommended)Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Any alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, boiled & mineral water, beverages etc during the trek.
- Tips for trekking & other employed staffs which is not mandatory but expected.
- Hot shower, battery charges (available in trek with extra cost or free in some lodges)
- Unforeseen cost such as flight cancellation or delayed, sick in trek, and helicopter rescue in trek.
- Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control
- Any other cost, which is not mentioned in cost includes items as above
Smile Adventure and tours arrange mid range hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara – room on twin sharing basis where you will find neat and clean environment.
During the trekking, Smile Adventure will arrange your accommodation at standard tea house or lodge – room on twin sharing basis with attached bathroom however some places will not have attached bathroom so; bathroom are on sharing basis.
We offer breakfast in the hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara but you have to pay your own lunch and dinner.
We will provide all meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trekking in Mountain area.
Airport transfer (day 1) & drop (day 16), transfer from Pokhara to Nayapul (day4) & Nayapul to Pokhara (day 10).
Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara (day 3) & Pokhara to Kathmandu (day 15).
OPTIONAL : if you want to take a flight between Kathmandu and Pokhara then we offer you US$ 95 per person for one ways & US$ 190 for round trip which is extra (not included in the price).
Guide & Porter during the trekking
Smile Adventure and tours will provide a professional trekking guide (license holder). We arrange porter(s) to carry your gears (a porter can carry maximum 15 kg) and the porter will accompany with you. The number of porter depends on group size. We will provide the salary, accommodation, insurance, meals for the guide and porter.
A trekking day in Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
The trek starts after a delicious breakfast with a cup of tea. Our guide briefs about trail then after we start to walk of 3 to 4 hours. We offer lunch in a local teahouse or shop. After lunch you will relax for a while and continue to walk for for 3 to 4 hours until we reach next destination. When we reach next destination we can enjoy short hiking around the village or enjoy games. Evening have a dinner and overnight at the teahouse/lodge.
We also offer to rest frequently and give enough time to load & capacitor the amazing scenery of mountain, local settlement, and countryside in your camera during the trail.
Personal gears & equipment need during trekking
Sun cream lotion
Comfortable hiking boots
Walking poles (if necessary)
Flash light with extra batteries
Personal medical kit box.
Extra batteries for camera
Backpack- with outsider pockets to handle smaller items.
Health & Experience Required for Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
The Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is a moderate grade trek which offers at least 6-7 hours easy work in a day. We can do Annapurna Sanctuary Trek if you have average physical fitness with good health condition. Please note that walking in higher altitude demands more physical fitness than walking in lower altitudes. Some weeks of exercise and jogging before the starting the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is highly suggestible. If you have done hiking and have good past experience it also helps to do this Annapurna Sanctuary Trek but technical skill does not require for this trip.
Headaches, fever, vomiting, dizziness, loss of appetite or stomach disorders are symptoms of high altitude Sickness, the main cause of high altitude sickness is lack of enough oxygen in air. We find less oxygen in the higher altitude then less altitude so the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek itinerary have been customized by Smile Adventure and Tours considering the sufficient time to acclimatize in each places.
Trekking grade of Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
Moderate: It may be little bit more challenging to first time trekker. It engages 6 to 7 hours walking in a day. This trek gradually goes up to 4130 meters altitude and will offer close view of big mountains also.
All trekkers / travelers are requested to insure their travel insurance before traveling for Annapurna Sanctuary Trek. Please note that the insurance should be covered medical, air ambulance, helicopter rescue, and all treatment costs.