Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the best selling trekking package in Nepal. Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp is wise decision who wants to explore ABC. If you want to do the trek in Annapurna mountain region of Nepal then Annapurna Base Camp Trek is the best amazing and excited foothill trek in Annapurna and Machhapuchhare mountain ranges. The Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) trek is very well known and loved around the world; so you will share this trekking with many people from in your country. The treks in the Annapurna ranges are undoubtedly among the most beautiful in the world, not only by the splendor of the mountains but also for wealth and diversity of cultures of different ethnic groups including Tamang, Magar, Gurung, Thakali and more.
The trek from Pokhara, from where you have a breathtaking view of the mountains where you will walk through ten days. You walk through mountain villages, forests of rhododendrons and past snow-covered mountain giants. A trek through the Annapurna Massif is for all nature lovers an unforgettable experience. You can choose to exit smashing your Nepal tour with a rafting trip.
It is certainly ambitious but not difficult to cope with their various steep climbs. The amount is still quite feasible, to get only about 4,000 meters short of breath and have to take a deep breath and make frequent breaks. We slept poorly at night in ABC, which may be due to the height or the cold.
The trek total is an unforgettable with life experience for you. The jungle in the deeply incised valleys Himalaya is unique, the way through small villages and directly on the terraces of some living there as farmers Nepali families unforgettable.
There are different trekking trail in Annapurna Mountain Trekking region. However the trek to Annapurna Base Camp is one of the best trail. We offer affordable price / cost for this trek as per the itinerary. The grade/difficulty of this trek is Moderate. Although the Annapurna base camp trek is a classic trek but it is still very famous and charming trek in Nepal. A large number of trekker enjoy this trekking trail every month.
It is amazing holiday trip of 12 days. You will enjoy this trek with our local guide and porter who are trained and licensed form Government of Nepal. As per our itinerary the guide accompany you during the whole trek. The 12 days Annapurna base camp trek also includes cultural sights of diverse ethnic group. It also offers world famous Himalayas view of Annapurna Mountain range including the majestic Himalayas.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a trail that takes you through forests and fascinating traditional villages of the Nepal’s in-digenous communities of Gurung and Magar. They will greet you very warmly if you cared to stop for a conversation. The hike continues through heart touching blossoming dense rhododendron forest and Bamboo with unparalleled snowy peaks scenery in the background to Tadapani.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Itinerary
- Day 1 / Arrive in Kathmandu
- Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel – 20 minutes. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02 / Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus – 6 hours:
- Transfer to Kathmandu tourist bus park and drive to Pokhara by watching country side. Get in Pokhara and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03 / Drive from Pokhara to Phedi. Trek from Phedi to Tolka – 6 hours:
- We drive by private vehicle from from Pokhara to Phedi (1130 m). After getting Phedi we process to trek, from there, a path goes left bank in the forest very quickly at first and then in the rice fields and we arrive Damphus which takes about 3 hours. Dhampus (1650m) is the first village of hills. We continue our trail and toward Deurali and finally Tolka (1700m) which takes another 3 hours. Overnight at tea house / lodge.
- Day 04 / Trek from Tolka to Chomrong – 5 hours:
- We left from Tolka at about at 07:00. Our trail descends slightly from Tolka and we get Landrung (1665 m) which takes about 0:45 hours. Then we go down to New Bridge and cross the river Modhi Khola. Our trekking trail rises to Jhinu Danda (1780m) (04:00 hours) and enjoy a lunch. After lunch, we continue our trail and get Chomrong (2170 m). Today, we stay Chomrong at tea house / lodge.
- Day 05 / Trek Chomrong to Himalaya Hotel – 7 hours:
- Normally, we leave from Chomrong at 07:0 am after breakfast. Our route goes down from Chomrong (2170 m) and cross a suspension bridge over the Chomrong Khola. The trail then follows a long climb to the village of Tilche and pass rice fields and terraces: the jungle and get Sinuwa (2360m). It is still mountainous area with lots of streams to cross on the sides and a large lush vegetation. From Sinuwa, we climb quite strong at the beginning, followed by a long flat with ascents and descents. We will have lunch at Bamboo (2310m) and continues our trail to Doban (2600m) and finally we get Himalaya Hotel (2920m). We stop and stay in Hotel Himalayan and overnight at tea house/lodge.
- Day 06 / Trek from Himalayas Hotel to Macchapucchere Base Camp (MBC) to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) – 6 hours:
- We leave for Himalaya Hotel after breakfast and we continue our trek ascending crossing Hinku Cave (3170m) and get Deurali (3230 m). From Deurali, our trail continues climb to Macchapucchere Base Camp (3700 m). We stop here and have a lunch. After lunch we stat to trek towards Annapurna Base Camp (4130 m).We will have the possibility to see the peaks of Annapurna during the trek. Late afternoon, we get Annapurna Base Camp. Today, we stop in Annapurna Base Camp and stay at the teahouse / lodge.
- Day 07 / Trek from Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) to Dovan – 6 hours:
- Today, we wake up early in the morning. The sun rises gradually and which looks like coming out occurs a kind of magic with the sun rising sharply and all vertices that appear sunny. We trek back from Annapurna Base Camp watching the mountain range and beautiful peaks and we get Dovan (2600m). We stop and stay in Dovan and overnight at tea house/lodge.
- Day 08 / Trek from Doban to Chomrong – 5 hours:
- Then we trek down to Sinuwa (2360m) and finally we get Chomrong (2170).We stop and stay in Chomrong and overnight at tea house/lodge.
- Day 09 / Trek from Chomrong to Gandruk – 6 hours:
- From Chomrong, our trail descends to Gandruk (1940 m). Gandruk is the capital of the Gurung ethnic group so; people and trekkers visit frequently Gandruk by additional route as well. We stop and stay in Gandruk and overnight at tea house/lodge.
- Day 10 / Trek from Gandruk to Nayapul then drive back to Pokhara – 6hours:
- Today is our last day of our trek. We trek from Gandruk through the village of Syauli Bazaar (1220m) and quickly reach Nayapol (1070m). From Nayapul, we drive back to Pokhara by a private vehicle. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 11 / Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus – 6 hours. Overnight at hotel:
- Transfer to Pokhara tourist bus park and drive to Kathmandu by watching country side. Get in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 12 / Airport Transfer
- Transfer to airport (20 minutes) for final departure from Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up & transfer to hotel (day 01) + Airport drop (day 12) by private vehicle.
- Mid range hotel in Kathmandu (day 1 & day 11) on twin sharing basis with breakfast
- Tourist bus ticket from Kathmandu to Pokhara (day 02) & Pokhara to Kathmandu (Day 11)
- Mid range hotel in Pokhara (day 2 & day 10) on twin sharing basis with breakfast.
- Private vehicle for Pokhara to Nayapul (day 3) & Nayapul to Pokhara (day 10).
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch & dinner) during the trekking in mountain area.
- Accommodation in Tea House / Lodge – room on twin sharing basis during the trekking in mountain area.
- Annapurna Conservation Area entrance permit fee.
- TIMS fee.
- Government taxes.
Price not Included
- Nepal visa fee: Nepal entry visa ( US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for 30 days . you will also require 2 passport size photos.)
- Travel & Health Insurance – Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance (Most recommended)
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Any alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, boiled & mineral water, beverages etc during the trek.
- Tips for trekking & other employed staffs which is not mandatory but expected.
- Hot shower, battery charges (available in trek with extra cost or free in some lodges)
- Unforeseen cost such as flight cancellation or delayed, sick in trek, and helicopter rescue in trek. Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control
- Any other cost, which is not mentioned in cost includes items as above
Smile Adventure and Tours offers mid range hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara – room on twin sharing basis where you will find neat and clean environment.
During the trekking – Smile Adventure and Tours will arrange your accommodation at standard tea house or lodge – room on twin sharing basis with attached bathroom however some places will not have attached bathroom so; bathroom are on sharing basis.
Smile Adventure and Tours offers breakfast in the hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara but you have to pay your own lunch and dinner.
Smile Adventure and Tours will provide all meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trekking in Mountain area.
Private Vehicle : – Airport transfer (day 1) & drop (day 12), transfer from Pokhara to Nayapul (day3) & Nayapul to Pokhara (day 10).
Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara (day 2) & Pokhara to Kathmandu (day 11).
Guide & Porter during the trekking:
Smile Adventure and Tours will provide a professional trekking guide (license holder). We arrange porter(s) to carry your gears (a porter can carry maximum 15 kg) and the porter will accompany with you. The number of porter depends on group size. We will provide the salary, accommodation, insurance, meals for the guide and porter.
A trekking day:
The trek starts after a delicious breakfast with a cup of tea. Our guide briefs about trail then after we start to walk of 3 to 4 hours. We offer lunch in a local tea house or shop. After luch you will relax for a while and continue to walk for for 3 to 4 hours until we reach next destination. When we reach next destination we can enjoy short hiking around the village or enjoy games. Evening have a dinner and overnight at the tea house/lodge.
We also offer to rest frequently and give enough time to load & capacitor the amazing scenery of mountain, local settlement, and countryside in your camera during the trail.
Personal gears & equipment need during trekking:
- Sleeping bag
- Down Jacket
- Warm Jacket
- Cotton t-shirts
- Cotton pants
- Sun hat
- Sun cream lotion
- Sun glasses
- Comfortable hiking boots
- Walking poles (if necessary)
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Personal medical kit box.
- Extra batteries for camera
- Backpack- with outsider pockets to handle smaller items.
Health & Experience Required for Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
The Annapurna Base Camp trek is a moderate grade trek which offers at least 6-8 hours easy work in a day. We can do Annapurna Base Camp trek if you have average physical fitness with good health condition. Please note that walking in higher altitude demands more physical fitness than walking in lower altitudes. Some weeks of exercise and jogging before the starting the Annapurna Base Camp trek is highly suggestible. If you have done hiking and have good past experience it also helps to do this Annapurna Base Camp trek but technical skill does not require for this trip.
Headaches, fever, vomiting, dizziness, loss of appetite or stomach disorders are symptoms of high altitude Sickness, the main cause of high altitude sickness is lack of enough oxygen in air. We find less oxygen in the higher altitude then less altitude so the Annapurna Base Camp trek itinerary have been customized by Smile Adventure and Tours considering the sufficient time to acclimatize in each places.
Trekking grade/difficulty of Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
Moderate: It may be little bit more challenging to first time trekker. It engages 6 to 7 hours walking in a day. This trek gradually goes up to 4130 meters altitude and will offer close view of big mountains also.
All trekkers / travelers are requested to insure their travel insurance before traveling for Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Please note that the insurance should be covered medical, air ambulance, helicopter rescue, and all treatment costs.